Kansas Coordinating Council on Early Childhood Developmental Services
Kansas State Statute Number 74-7801
Chapter 74. -- STATE BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND AUTHORITIES
Article 78. -- COORDINATING COUNCILON EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES
74-7801. Coordinating council on early childhood developmental services; composition; appointment; terms; vacancies; meetings.
(a) The coordinating council on early childhood developmental services shall consist of not less than 16 nor more than 25 members as follows:
- A representative of the governor;
- the secretary of social and rehabilitation services or a representative of the secretary selected by the secretary;
- the secretary of health and environment or a representative of the secretary selected by the secretary;
- a member of the state board of education selected by the chairperson of the state board of education or, at the discretion of the chairperson of the state board, the commissioner of education;
- a representative of the board of regents selected by the chairperson of the board of regents;
- the commissioner of insurance or a representative of the commissioner selected by the commissioner;
- two members of the state legislature selected by the legislative coordinating council so that one is a member of the senate and one is a member of the house of representatives and such members are not members of the same political party; and
- not less than eight members nor more than 17 members appointed by the governor which members shall be selected to ensure that the requirements of 20 U.S.C. 1482 and amendments thereto are met.
(a) The members appointed by the governor under subsection (a)(8) shall serve for a term of four years. Members are eligible for reappointment.
(b) Any vacancy occurring in the appointive membership of the council shall be filled in the same manner and from the same class as the original appointment.
(c) A chairperson shall be designated annually by the governor. A vice-chairperson shall be designated by the chairperson to serve in the absence of the chairperson.
(d) Final decisions of the council shall be by majority vote of the members.
(e) The council shall meet at least quarterly.
History: L. 1986, ch. 281, § 1; L. 1989, ch. 240, § 1; L. 1994, ch. 279, § 29; July 1.